A wide range of participants have committed to the Exemplary Energy and Climate initiative:
- The federal government is represented by the Civil Federal Administration and the Federal Department of Defence, Civil Protection and Sport (DDPS).
- Swiss Post, PostBus, PostFinance, the Swiss Federal Railways, Skyguide, SRG SSR, Suva, Swisscom, and RUAG MRO Holding Ltd are among the semi-public companies that have signed up. The federal government sets the strategic objectives of these organisation, which in some cases also entail energy targets or require at least a sustainable corporate strategy.
- The two Federal Institutes of Technology and four research institutes are grouped together in the ETH Domain. Their purpose is specified in the ETH Act and is implemented in practice following the Federal Council's strategic objectives for the ETH Domain.
- The Canton of Geneva was the first to join the initiative with its seven cantonal institutions Fondations Immobilières de Droit Public (FIDP), Fondation pour les terrains industriels de Genève (FTI), Haute école spécialisée de Suisse occidentale (HES-SO), Hospice Général, Office cantonal de l'énergie (OCEN), Office cantonal des Bâtiments (OCBA) and Transports publics genevois (tpg).
- With Genève Aéroport, Services Industriels de Genève (SIG), and Zurich Airport Ltd, three cantonal enterprises are now also participating in the initiative.
- PUBLICA, Suva and the SBB pension fund are the first institutional investors to participate in the “climate-friendly financial flows” field of action.
Discussions are under way with further participants.
The 18 actors
Canton of Geneva